Saturday, April 01, 2006

Paint Around the Dog

Sopheap Pich / Jack Bauer:

"Painting Around the Dog", ("working around Deyhoy", my Khmer title)

I first met Jack Bauer through a mutual friend from Viena, Austria about
three months ago. He told me he liked Cambodia very much and wanted to
return for a longer stay and possibly produce some art works here. True
to his words, Jack returned to Cambodia and I was more than happy to share
my studio with him.

One morning, I saw my dog, Deyhoy, lying on one of Jack's drawing paper on
the ground. As I tried to get her to move off the paper, Jack said:"No,
she can stay, I'm painting around her." We decided to work on some
collaborations based on my dog and show them
with other works of our own.

About Lake Studio:
I moved into this studio four months ago and have since been working
practically non-stop on my sculptures and drawings and haven't had the
opportunity to really make it into a proper exhibiting space. This is the
first test, it's a little hard to find at first, but I feel good here and
the view and light is great for my kind of work. Please call me at 012
295 011 if you have a hard time finding us.


As this show happens so spontaneousely, we had many limitations... one of
which is that we won't have much wine, so if you like to have wine..
please bring a bottle. If not, come have some beers. And if you come
early, we may catch a very nice sunset on the lake.

Hope to see everybody there!

Sopheap


sculptures - drawings - photographs
April 5 - May 15 2006
Opening Tuesday 4th April 2006
6pm - late
Lake Studio
#24 Street 70 Sankat Srakchok
Khan Daun Penh
Phnom Penh Cambodia
(on Boeng Kak lake, behind French Embassy)
tel: (+855) 012 295 011

Fw: Painting Around The Dog Opening This Coming Tuesday

Tags:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.